Craving for a mid-day snack? Here’s a recipe to replace your junk food snack in between meals. Being mindful while snacking helps you consume foods that are not only nutritious but also helps curb your appetite and eat the right foods. We all LOVE Pesto! It’s a great dip with baked crisps or veggies and really helps with those extreme hunger pangs during the day. Add your choice of CosMix to the pesto to make it nutritious and wholesome- we recommend Strong Immunity/ Happy Gut/ Healthy Hair. Here’s a super yum recipe you can try out to snack during movie time and also store for munching on later. Did we forget to mention how fun it is to make this recipe?!
For the recipe you need-
4 spring onions (white and pale green parts)
1 cup spring onion greens
1 tsp of a CosMix powder of your choice
1/3 cup roasted almonds
1/2 cup chopped coriander
3 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
Handful of baby potatoes
1. Chop and pan roast the baby potatoes in butter, salt and pepper till they are cooked through, soft on the inside and golden on the skin.
2. Grill the spring onion whites using olive oil till they slightly char. Keep aside to cool.
3. Add the roasted almonds to the mixer jar and pulse a few times.
4. To the almonds add the remaining ingredients- coriander, olive oil, lemon juice, both spring onion whites and greens, salt and pepper and garlic.
5. Pulse a few times or blend for 20 seconds to get a thick paste like mixture.
6. Add your choice of CosMix to this, 1-2 tbsp of water if you want to make it thinner, and blend again.
7. Add 1-2 tbsp to the potatoes and toss well! Store the rest in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for upto a month.